By applying a 60 Hz motor to 50 Hz you (your customer) violates one of the
principles of building machines. The principle is that safe machines are built
using safe components. The latter cannot be guaranteed anymore, so the machine
is unsafe. Full stop. This is the agency way of safety thinking.

Let me try a slightly  non-conventional approach to product safety:

An electric motor (in terms of risk) is nothing else but a long copper wire and
some iron, that in some mysterious way converts electrical hazards into
mechanical hazards and thermal hazards. The mechanical hazards seem to reduce
(slower speed), so I see no principal problem here. The electrical hazards are
not principally different at 50 Hz .  What remains is a thermal hazard.
Inductances in 60 Hz motors are lower than 50 Hz motors, so currents rise
(120%), and so thermal copper dissipation. At 50 Hz eddy current related losses
are lower, but the increased magnetisation might compensate for that.
In  the end, risks seem only thermal related. Adding a supplemental non
auto-resetting temperature protection may provide the (additional safety
protection layer) thermal safety your customers need.

Although not really hazard related, you should also consider the increased
start-up current.

Any

Regards,

Ing. Gert Gremmen
Approvals manager

+ ce marking of electrical/electronic equipment
+ Independent Consultancy Services
+ Compliance Testing and Design for CE marking
     according to EC-directives:
        - Electro Magnetic Compatibility 2004/108/EC
        - Electrical Safety 2006/95/EC
        - Medical Devices 93/42/EC
        - Radio & Telecommunication Terminal Equipment 99/5/EC
+ Improvement of Product Quality and Reliability testing
+ Education

Web:    www.cetest.nl (English)
Phone :  +31 10 415 24 26
This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information
that is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights
and are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above.
Any use of the information contained herein (including, but not
limited to, total or partial reproduction, communication or
distribution in any form) by persons other than the designated
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender either by telephone or by e-mail and
delete the material from any computer.
Thank you for your co-operation.