From: Cortland Richmond [mailto:k...@earthlink.net]
Sent: Saturday, October 1, 2016 12:22 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] [RFI] Part 15 isn't enough..

On 10/1/2016 6:26 AM, john Allen wrote:
> My comment about major manufacturers was partially based on the
> appearance of a Sony TV on the apartmenttherapy website, as linked by
> Cortland,

Right site, wrong appliance; it was an oven,

" was summertime and we weren’t using our oven much but we noticed that
occasionally the oven would just turn itself /on/. It’s the type of
wall-mounted oven wherein you must turn the oven “on” then set the temperature
before it actually starts warming up. If you turn the oven “on” and don’t set
the temperature the oven beeps as a reminder. That’s what was happening: very
randomly our oven would start beeping as a reminder for us to set the
temperature. But we hadn’t turned the oven on. Why was it doing this?
Additionally, when I did turn the oven on and set the temperature, the oven
would turn itself off after eight minutes.
It did this over and over again so I couldn’t complete a baking cycle.
Please bear with this saga…"

Cortland Richmond
KA5S

Instructions:  http://www.ieee-pses.org/list.html (including how to