J (well, sort of!)

From: Doug Powell [mailto:doug...@gmail.com]
Sent: 01 February 2017 22:17
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Do it yourself safety reports?

You are correct,

I recall in 1995 when the VP of Engineering at my company back then obtained a
copy of a few safety standards and attempted to outline and distill
requirements for our products.  He felt he could make quick work of it but was
soon overwhelmed.  As it turns out this was the impetus for my start on this
career path.  He handed me the documents along with his notes and instructions
and said to figure it out. Ultimately we brought in a consulting engineer from
LGA Nürnberg (www.lga.de) who became my mentor for the next few years.  And he
is very good and had a real desire to see me excel.

Doug

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 2:58 PM, john Allen <john_e_al...@blueyonder.co.uk>