From: John Allen [mailto:jral...@productsafetyinc.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 26, 2017 9:26 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] 3D Printed Parts

Hi John,

I agree and their case of risk is a failure in the printer, the the printed
part.  Still looking for opinions on the question though - do our Standards
consider how the part is made?  If not, does it matter?  My gut says it
doesn't matter, our Standards are written to evaluate a design, regardless
of how it's manufactured.  But is that thinking still valid?

John Allen | President | Product Safety Consulting, Inc.

Your Outsourced Compliance DepartmentR

630-238-0188

 <http://www.productsafetyinc.com/> www.productsafetyinc.com

IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society - Acting President

IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society - Chicago Chapter Past Chair

Keeping our members informed and educated on Product Safety and Compliance

https://ewh.ieee.org/soc/pses/index.html

  _____