From: Ralph McDiarmid [mailto:ralph.mcdiar...@schneider-electric.com]
Sent: Friday, April 7, 2017 4:42 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Voltage Rating vs Voltage Specification

Pete, I wonder if the onus to define the terminology like “rated voltage”
should really be on the technical committees, not academia.  I know that is
some standards, terms like "disconnect" and "trip" are loosely defined.  I
wonder if there should be one IEC document, which could serve as a reference to
all others for terminology.  I think there is one, but it is likely not
comprehensive.

Ralph McDiarmid
Product Compliance
Engineering