I was pondering how best to answer the OP but Gert Gremmen beat me to it
with better words than I would have used.

With regards to the last question, GTEMs are only good for the test sample
enclosure itself, not the attached cables. When using a GTEM, I have told
customers to measure cable common mode conducted emissions (CMCE) first,
control them to a level based on an algorithm relating CMCE to RE at the
required separation, and when that is complete, go into the GTEM and any
failures are then known to originate from the test sample enclosure, not the
cables. Similarly, for RS, apply BCI or 61000-4-6 to the cables at the
appropriate level first, then go into the cell and any problems found there
are due to the test sample enclosure.

Ken Javor
Phone: (256) 650-5261