Hi Kim,

I've just had a chat with a compliance test lab engineer on this very topic
yesterday. He said their measurements have a 3 dB uncertainty between labs. So
it world seem when everything is as accurate as possible, 3dB margin would
ensure you will always pass, possibly without any margin. So the 6 dB rules
would give you 3 dB margin.

That's my humanly guess. God had different rules that we can't Divine:)

Best Regards,
Alfred