From: Ken Javor [mailto:ken.ja...@emccompliance.com]
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2017 1:05 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Uncertainty in ESD testing

I neglected to say in my previous post the obvious: we were discussing
implementation of CS118, the new ESD requirement.  Regarding charging in
where angels fear to tread, MIL-STD-461 has since 1993 imposed measurement
system integrity checks, wherein a known stimulus is applied to the
transducer and the response at the EMI receiver is verified to be within +/-
3 dB, or the measurement system needs adjustment.

For RE102, the radiated electric field requirement, that injection is always
less the actual transducer, i.e., the antenna. The antenna is disconnected
and the injection is made where the antenna would connect.

This approach obeys a fundamental rule of life: "If you can't stand the
answer, don't ask the question."

Ken Javor
Phone: (256) 650-5261