Thanks Brian. That's great you do this.
Can you share any examples of where they have removed agencies but still
retained the same part #?

On Sep 22, 2017 5:43 AM, "Kunde, Brian" <brian_ku...@lecotc.com> wrote:

We address this possible issue in two ways.

1.       We list the certification markings that are on Safety Critical
Components on our purchase print as “incoming inspection requirements”.
When parts are received, our IQA department visually verifies that the
certification markings on the parts match the print. If they are different,
the parts are rejected until this issues has been resolved (possible the
manufacturer changed the certification body, etc.).

2.       The purchase print also has a statement that says that the
supplier must notify us in advance of any changes to the part including
regulatory certifications and status. The purchase print is a type of
contract between the supplier and the purchasing company.

3.       Our Compliance Department performs Production Audits (usually on
an annual bases) on all families of products. During these audits, all
safety critical components are verified that they are what they are
supposed to be and verifies the certification markings.  The certification
markings is also a type of contract or declaration from the manufacturer.

Datasheets and pages from the manufacturer’s catalog that shows
certification marks, symbols, or a list of standards are really meaningless
and as others have already pointed out this information can change without
warning.

The Other Brian