From: John Allen [mailto:000009cc677f395b-dmarc-requ...@ieee.org]
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2017 9:05 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Safety critical component part #'s and Agency approvals

And, as an example of “sorting” a supplier,  we began to get hipot failures on
a product and tracked it down to a simple IEC power outlet which was flashing
over – the problem was finally tracked down to the supplier of the outlet
assembly having changed the flux used for soldering wires to the outlet pins to
one where the residue was conductive! When we “persuaded” them to change the
flux back to the original type, the problem disappeared :).

John E Allen
W. London, UK