Hi Charles,

My story is somewhat similar. When I was a young lad living in Wisconsin I got hooked on CB radio (before the Hey Good Buddy craze ruined it). I had a 5 channel Johnson Messenger I with a whole 5 watts output and a 1/4 wave dipole on the garage roof. Not satisfied with talking to the locals, I bought a 1 kW linear amp for it. Very early one Sunday morning I was talking skip to some guys in Louisiana. Apparently it woke up the neighbors across the street. The father came over complained to my mother. Asked what he was talking about, he explained that they could hear me on their console stereo/record player in their living room. And it was turned off! I was booming into their living room loud enough to get them out of bed. And telling tall stories about something or other. Don't recall the details of my skip talk but surely still remember my first encounter with EMI. Been playing at EMI ever since.

Scott