John,     thanx for your note on this.  I’m not surprised that the WWW is wooly
on this subject.  My sources for this are from my experience – with my former
employer who had two UK shops producing products and had to deal with this
issue as well as feedback from clients that I have had along the way in my
consultancy who were caught up in this issue.  In either case it all seemed to
be quite bureaucratic and inflexible when it got to the factory floor during
HSW inspections.

:>)     br,      Pete

Peter E Perkins, PE

Principal Product Safety & Regulatory Affairs Consultant

PO Box 23427

Tigard, ORe  97281-3427

503/452-1201

IEEE Life Fellow