Hi Joe:

IEC 60335-1 (2013 edition) defines a Class III product as not having any
voltage exceeding SELV.  SELV is defined in 335 as 42 volts rms and no-load
voltage as 50 volts rms (3.4.2).  Your 60 volts exceeds the 42 volts SELV
limits between conductors, but does not exceed 42 volts to earth (because
the product is battery-powered and has no connection to earth).  So, your
product is Class II.

Since the 60-volt circuit is internal, chances are the construction is
double-insulated.  I assume the product (and the 60 volts) is not connected
to earth.  If this is the case, then, for an electric shock, the body must
contact both poles of the 60 volts at the same time.  But, both poles are
insulated from accessible conductive parts - TWO insulations!  Both must
fail at the same time.  Voila, double insulation!

Touch current (leakage current in the 335 standard) does not apply because
it is measured to a pole of the supply (13.2).  Since your product is not
connected to the supply, leakage current is not measurable.

However, two electric strength tests are required, one from the battery (500
volts) and the other from the 60 volts (1000 volts) to accessible parts or
foil wrapped about non-conductive parts (Table 4).

If you measure the pole-to-pole leakage current of the 60-volts, chances are
the 1,500-ohm load will stop the generator so the current will be near zero.
This may demonstrate a protective impedance in accordance with 8.1.4.  The
60-volt supply may not be "live."  As with leakage current, the 8.1.4
measurements are made to one pole of the supply, which, as before, means
that the current is not measurable.

Maybe this discussion is of some help,

Rich