Hi John:

“Therefore safety, standards compliance and EMC standards compliance REALLY
MUST be an integral component of engineering education – and ALSO for company
management…”

While I agree, in practice the only time company management addresses safety
and other compliance matters is when an incident becomes public.  The usual
public response from management is that “safety is foremost at our company.”
BS!  The foremost items are: profits and growth.  A safety incident takes
management time (reluctantly) away from profits and growth.

Compliance is an engineering and manufacturing process just as and equal to any
other engineering and manufacturing process.  If done competently, it has no
special effect on the schedule.  So, management has no need for special
interest in compliance.  What is important is that management hires competent
compliance employees.

Stay safe, and best regards,

Rich