Like is so often said here: "It depends"

The answer lies in the nature of the EUT.  Is the peak that was measured a momentary and infrequent emission, a click, or a periodic emission that cycles on and off due to the nature of it's operation?

As a totally made up example:

If the EUT quietly gathers data for 1 minute, then processes and stores the data to memory for several seconds and creates higher emissions during that period, then the failing evaluation by the lab would seem to be justified.

As is often the case, a close examination of the equipment under test is required.

Respectfully,
Brent DeWitt