Well, obviously 60601-1-2 doesn't apply, unless some clown claims that EV chargers are medical devices. The higher limits in 60601-1-2 for home healthcare are probably due to the expected absence of immediate intervention when a medical device misbehaves.

Best wishes John Woodgate OOO-Own Opinions Only
www.woodjohn.uk
Rayleigh, Essex UK

I hear, and I forget. I see, and I remember. I do, and I understand. Xunzi (340 - 245 BC)

On 2023-07-21 20:30, Scott Aldous wrote:
Hi Brian,

The UL standard actually references IEC 61000-4-3 only for the test method. Per the UL standard, the test level, 20 V/m, comes from EN 60601-1-2, which is the CENELEC EMC standard for medical devices.

Per this article <https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/understanding-central-differences-between-3rd-4th-edition-saeed>, at least the base standard, IEC 60601-1-2, references broad spectrum testing at 3 V/m for professional healthcare facility environment and 10 V/m for home healthcare environment. Test levels from 9 to 28 V/m at specific frequencies are referenced to simulate proximity to fields due to wireless communications. IMO, the UL standard doesn't make clear if the actual test levels (and frequencies) from EN 60601-1-2 are intended to be used, or just the 20 V/m test level called out.