On Fri, 21 Jul 2023 16:44:29 GMT,
  Brian Gregory <brian_greg...@netzero.net> wrote:

> We are building EV Chargers for residential markets (not just US)
> and one of the safety applicable standards is UL 2231-2.  It calls
> out IEC 61000-4-3 for immunity testing parameters, which states a
> requirement for a field strength of 20V/m.
> Can some offer this "DC guy" (aka, 60 Hz) a
> quick definition of what the 20V/m represents?

It appears the standard is for personnel protection devices for use in
charging systems, and not for other aspects of the EV chargers.

Safety-related standards sometimes call for higher immunity test levels.
For example, IEC 61000-6-7 calls for 20 V/m per IEC 61000-4-3 test method.

Also, although the regulation will not usually be required in US and
charging stations will not be covered by the regulation anyway, ECE R1
calls for 30 V/m per ISO 11451-2 also in charging mode.

I don't know of the rationale, but I think 20 V/m is not unreasonably high
to test safety aspects of the charging systems.

Regards,
Tom