Doug

In the past I’ve worked on control cabinets used in Semi-Conductor plant
equipment and this is an extract from an earlier version of SEMI S2 I have:

13.5 Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPSs) — This section applies to UPSs with
outputs greater than: 30 volts rms, 42.4 volts peak; 60 volts DC; or 240
volt-amps.
13.5.1 Whenever a UPS is provided with the equipment, its location and wiring
should be clearly described within the installation and maintenance manual.
13.5.2 Power from the UPS should be interrupted when any of the following
events occur:
 the emergency off actuator (button) is pushed; or
 the main equipment disconnect is opened; or
 the main circuit breaker is opened.
EXCEPTION: Upon EMO activation, the UPS may supply power to the EMO circuit,
safety related devices, and data/alarm logging computer systems as described in
the exception clauses of § 12.2.
13.5.3 The UPS may be physically located within the footprint of the equipment
provided that the UPS is within its own enclosure and is clearly identified.
13.5.4 The UPS should be certified by an accredited testing laboratory and be
suitable for its intended environment (e.g., damp location, exposure to
corrosives).
13.5.5 The UPS wiring should be identified as ‘UPS Supply Output’ or equivalent
at each termination point where the UPS wiring can be disconnected.

We never put warning signs for UPS on the outside of the cabinet, but there
were high voltage warning signs and detailed explanation within the manual.

Best regards
Charlie

Charlie Blackham
Sulis Consultants Ltd