From: Doug Nix <d...@ieee.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 2, 2023 2:24 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [PSES] Hazard warning labels on panel doors where COTS UPS
installed?

Colleagues,

I have a client who has installed a COTS UPS in an industrial control panel.
The UPS is being used to keep the HMI alive in a power outage or if the
disconnecting device is switched off.

I have scoured the resources that I have, and I can find nothing that
requires a label on the outside of the panel to indicate that there is a UPS
inside. EN 60204-1:2018 does not address this. I have a copy of EN IEC
62040-1, and it does not require a hazard warning label anywhere.

Any guidance you might offer is appreciated.

Doug Nix
mailto:d...@ieee.org
+1 (519) 729-5704

discussion list. To post a message to the list, send your e-mail to All
emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at:
https://www.mail-archive.com/emc-pstc@listserv.ieee.org/
Website: https://ewh.ieee.org/soc/pses/
Instructions: https://ewh.ieee.org/soc/pses/list.html