I appreciate the replies on this topic.

My original question had less to do with how speed of motion affects the
injury and more to do with how speed affects the User/Operators ability to
Avoid the hazard in the first place. The IEC 61010-1 standard mentions how
velocity factors into the Risk Assessment for avoiding the hazard, but it
does not elaborate.

Thanks again to all.
The Other Brian