This seems fishy - your ini file does have "HALUI=halui" in the HAL
section.

> Can not find -sec HAL -var HALFILE -num 3
This one is normal.  There can be multiple HAL files, so the run script
checks for #1 first.  If it finds it, it runs it, then checks for #2,
etc.  When it fails to find one, it knows it is finished.  You have two
HAL files, so the third check failed and printed this message.

> Can not find -sec HAL -var HALCMD -num 1
This is also normal.  You can optionally specify individual HAL commands
in the ini file.  Just like HAL files, the run script checks for #1
first, if it finds one it runs it and checks for #2, etc.  Since you
don't have any individual HAL commands, the first check failed and
printed this message.

> Emc2 is shutting down and these are only messages I've found.

Are you running EMC2 from a shell, or an icon?  If the latter, please
try running it from a shell.  It prints a number of messages during
startup that could be useful, but when running from an icon you can't
see them.

The first thing it prints is the EMC2 version number.  One or two lines
later it prints the path to the ini file.  Perhaps it is not using the
ini file you want it to use?

If the output from running it in a shell doesn't immediately tell you
what is wrong, paste it here and let others look at it.

Regards,

John Kasunich