I,m totally new to Linux of any kind but I wish to use EMC2 I have downloaded
the liveCD and created an image on a CD using Nero but can't seem to get it to
do anything. Its supposed to be bootable but does this mean bootable in XP as
well or bootable in linux and I assume that this means putting the CD in the
drive and restarting the PC by swithcing off and on again. Also if I like it
and by all that Ive seen on it I probably will I have a 800Mhz pentium PC with
Windows 98 and a 10Gig H/D that I could dedicate to Linux and EMC2. So, how
would I go about this, ie could I re-format it using Windows or DOS or does
Linux use a totally different format system. In which case would I need to
source another bit of software to do this or does the Linux install do this for
me. Also will EMC2 only work under Ubuntu or would it also work under Mandrake
10.1 because I also have a copy of this which apparently will install alongside
Windows which would be useful on my indoor PC which has 170Gig of H/D.
There a few questions here but I think my first priority is to try to get the
Live CD up and running and see where to go from there.

Hoping some of you guy,s out there can help.