Andre' Blanchard wrote:

> The X,Y U,V wire EDM's I run have a set of what they call Z constants.
> Z1 is the distance from the machine table to the point at which the X,Y
> size is held true.
> Z2 is the distance from the table to the point at which the feed rate is
> held true.
> Z3 is the distance from the table to the upper wire guide.
> Z4 is the distance from the table down to the lower guide.
>
> Using this info the control can calculate the displacement of the U,V
> slides from the X,Y to get the taper angle and the part size programmed in
> the G code.
Since these are all constant, there's no need to burden EMC with
that.  You could put these values into the CAM software to
calculate the correct XY UV to make the desired part.

I suppose you could re-do the kinematics so it solves all this
in EMC, but I'm not sure that is necessary or desirable.

Jon