On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 11:12:06AM -0500, Stuart Stevenson wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>     I would like to request a change to the functionality of these
> commands. I would like to have them act only on the programmed axis.
> Here is an example of what we use on all our machines at the end of a
> program. I would like to have the same for the EMC controls.

Thanks to both Stuart and Steve for their careful explanations of how
the rest of the world does G28/G30.  I've changed EMC to play along.
This is the new EMC behavior (in CVS trunk only):

0. Error if radius compensation is on

1. Traverse (rapid) to the programmed waypoint which is interpreted in
the normal way (honoring G5x, G92, G43, G90/G91).  If no axis words
are specified this step has no effect.

2. Traverse one or more axes to the reference/home position specified
in machine coordinates, in machine units, in parameters 5161..5169 or
5181..5189 (for g28/g30 respectively).  If axis words are specified in
the block, only those axes are moved.  If no axis words are specified
in the block, ALL axes are moved.

Please test and confirm that it works the way you expect.

Chris