Hi,

Peter G. Vavaroutsos wrote:
> Chris, here's a link to the Haas control manuals. They are pretty well
> written and mostly Fanuc compatible.
>
> http://www.haascnc.com/custserv_updates.asp#manualupd
> http://www.haascnc.com/customer_service/manual/vmc/96-8000.pdf
> http://www.haascnc.com/customer_service/manual/lathe/96-8700.pdf
>
> When an intermediate point is specified for G28, most (all?) controls only
> home the axis specified in that point. So G28, Z0 would only move the Z
> axis.
>
> ~petev
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 14:33:16 -0500
> From: Chris Radek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] G28 return to home
> To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)"
>       <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
>

> Hi Stuart, can you find for us a reference that explains how G28
> typically works on non-EMC controls?  If they all work the same except
> for EMC, we could talk about breaking with ngc for this.
>
> In particular I want to know how it should behave when
>
> in G90 mode and all axes are specified

With an intermediat point then all move to that point relative to the
active coordinate system then home, without an intermediat point then no
point is assumed and all move to machine home.

> in G90 mode and some axes are specified

Same as above except only the specified axis moves

> in G91, all

Same as above with any intermediat positioning done as an incremental move.

> in G91, some

Same as above except only specified axis moves.