On Tuesday 14 August 2007, Ray Henry wrote:
>On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 13:26 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
><s>
>
>> Well Ray, I don't know if those in charge would think I'm qualified to
>> even comment since I'm just an old fart user,
>
>Oh yea.  You have a keen mind for many of the user questions.

Chuckle, yes, but its getting dusty and decrepit with the years Ray.  TBT, I
use things like EMC for exercise, staving off the inevitable as long as I
can.  But I'm not the only old fart about.  I went out to Doc Blakes machine
shop today to see if I could mooch a piece of steel that was softer than the
shafting I picked up at the scrap metals place for a small project and picked
up a hunk of 1065 off the floor that was about right, Doc said 4 dollars and
I said sold.  Then I asked him when he was gonna retire & he got about half
puffed up & said he wasn't old enough to retire yet, after all he was only
78.  :-)

Tell ya what though, when the day is done and the hands cleaned up from the
days work, he'll be off someplace to keep his fingers limbered up.  You
haven't heard bluegrass done right till you have sat & enjoyed him for 4 or 5
hours some evening.  Banjo/Mandolin/fiddle, he ain't fussy, he'll start a
fire on the fretboard of any of them.  Ricky Skaggs is good,  I mean he took
lifelong lessons from Lester Flat & Earl Scruggs but having heard both, I
think if Ricky was the devil & he and Doc got into a fiddling match for that
famous gold fiddle from The Devil Went Down in Georgia, I really do think Doc
would take it home.  He is truly a joy to listen too.

[...]

--
Cheers, Gene
Simon: "Could you not do that while we're... ever?"