So there is some interest in a programming language. I use Mach and do
some VB code with that, so here are the essential elements that Mach has
added to VB..

Code (G01 x1) will send the code to Mach for immediate move.

A loop like:

while IsMoving
wend

will wait until no gcode is being processed.

There are a series of SetDRO, GetDRO that can set or get any of the
internal values from Mach- not just the X,Y position but any parameter
held within the system, like feed rate, motor tuning values, etc

Likewise a SetLED and Get LED for al the various state bits.

With these commands we can write login in VB that can interact with the
user and run any movement the machine can do.

It ought not be to hard to link Perl or TCL or any scripting language
into EMC.

ron ginger