Greetings everybody;

I was working on the frame for my new z axis drive for that micro-mill, and
have managed now to break off not one, but 2, 6-nc32 taps in the holes
drilled into the edge of a piece of 1/4"x1.5" steel bar.

I now have the work insulated, a copper wire in the chuck bent to wobble about
enough to cover the ends of the taps, and tried a 50 volt AC supply for about
20 minutes, but the transformers were way too puny and have already smoked.
I have an air jet blowing on the work, and the wire running about 200 rpm.
While it worked, I'd guess I got rid of 5 thou total, from the work and the
electrode wire end, so its not gonna be exactly a 5 minute job unless I can
get some more effective firepower into it.

Figuring that DC, with a current limiter of sorts and a storage capacitor to
hold more bang will probably work better, I've resigned myself to building
it.

The question then is, for an air quenched lashup, what is a suitable voltage,
and a suitable current limit in terms of average milliamps, that I should try
and build?  Googleing doesn't seem to spit that sort of info out readily.

--
Cheers, Gene
I prefer rogues to imbeciles because they sometimes take a rest.