What you're talking about here, I can do with a combination of manual
and mdi. Using gcode when appropriate and manual positioning (jog). It
is just as easy to manually operate a cnc as it is to operate a
bridgeport with DRO. Actually can be easier? no languages required. as
for bolt circles and arcs etc. a calculator is all that's needed and
input via mdi. I did just that for years.

  A few simple cuts on one part that I'll most likely will never see
again doesn't warrent the time it takes to draw it or use any cam to
generate a program or even write program manually. Think of it as a
manual machine with fly-by-wire. In manual, jog down z to touch off the
top surface with a face mill the jog clear, and in incremental jog down
the depth of cut. Go back to continious jog and turn the speed override
down to an appropriat speed and jog the cutter across the piece till it
clears. cut is made, done, no programming required. If that's all that
was required then you didn't even have to indicate and align the part
just eyeballed and clamped down. Wouldn't even need to pickup x and y
zero in a case like that. Why on earth would you want to make it more
complicated than it needs to be?

Dale