Stephen Wille Padnos wrote:

> Heh.  I remembered our discussion about G-code formats on a short car
> ride (maybe headed to Peoria?), and I figured you'd know what all of it
> meant.

Well, after having written my own Gerber to raster converter
program, I know the format fairly well.  I haven't put RS274-X
format features into my program yet, but it supports all the
stuff I generally have in my PCB artwork.  Unfortunately this
code is written in Turbo Pascal, and not too portable.  Sometime
I might have to try running it through p2c to see how bad a mess
it makes.

It actually would not be hard at all to write a little program
that would convert this Gerber format to standard G-code, and it
would draw out the traces with the EMC preview programs.
Converting from Gerber to a trace isolating cutter path would be
a good deal harder.
> Altium comes with something called "Camtastic", so it may work.
That's right.  I knew they sent some gerber viewer with the
software.  I don't think I got camtastic, but I may have
something older.

Jon