Kirk Wallace wrote:

>[snip]
>
>Also changed:
>"Both simultaneously,
>closed loop optional for steppers"

I'd leave the steppers thing out of closed loop.  It may be better to
leave closed loop out of it altogether, because a lot of people don't
really know what it is, and will claim closed loop operation when it
really isn't.  That's what EMC does with steppers at the moment -
putting encoders on stepper motors gives you "traveling limit
switches".  It may be possible to do adaptive feedrate override, but
it's unlikely without special stepper drives.  So at the moment, EMC
(and everything else) doesn't support closed loop with steppers.

>My thinking was that the information could be better, hopefully good
>enough, but never perfect.

Yep - something is better than nothing :)

- Steve