John Thornton wrote:

>I have a CNC4PC C1G parallel port interface card driving a Gecko 203v.
>I have a 28vdc power supply and I am running the stepper without any
>load just to get my configs setup... The highest velocity I can get is about
>70 as reported on the Axis screen no matter what I set F at.
>If I do a MDI G1 F100 X10 or   G1 F400 X10
>I get the same velocity reported of about 70.
>
>If i do a G1 F50 X10 I get the expected velocity of about 50
>If I do a G1 F25 X10 I get the expected velocity of about 25
>
>I've ran the latencey test on the machine and used the spreadsheet to
>figure out what to set the base period at.
>
>My config is:
>BASE_PERIOD =                15000

This means that you can get one step every 30 microseconds, or about
33333 steps per second.

>[snip]
>INPUT_SCALE =                  3000

This, combined with the 33333 steps per second above, means that you can
get a max of 1.1111 inches/second (I assumed inches for your units).

1.1111 * 60 = 66.666 IPM, so it sounds like it's all working as it should.

You need to reduce BASE_PERIOD if you can, or get the developer version
from CVS, and use the "double-step" mode, which would basically double
the max step frequency at the same BASE_PERIOD.

- Steve