Kirk Wallace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Apparently, Pluto is not available anymore. Are there any alternatives?
> Are there firmware files available that would allow me to make my own?

The Pluto-P will apparently be available in December:

    <http://www.knjn.com/ShopBoards_Parallel.html>

The interfaces supported by EMC are listed here:

    <http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?EMC2_Supported_Hardware>

Looks like Pico Systems are the only parallel-port based alternative.
Then there are some PCI-based options, the MesaNet 5i20 comes highly
recommended but it's quite a bit more expensive at $200.

Am I the only one who wishes for a Pluto-P with screw-terminals on the
board instead of a ribbon-cable header?

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky