Steve Stallings wrote:
> While Cabin Fever is certainly worth the trip, I would not count on
> it for lots of hands on advice on EMC. There will likely be a couple
> of setups running EMC and a few people who can offer advice,
> but nothing like the environment at the EMC fest where there would
> be a dozen extremely involved developers and users offering advice
> over a full week instead of just a day or two.
>
> Regards,
> Steve Stallings
> PMDX

Pretty much seconding what Steve has said.  The NAMES and Cabin Fever
shows are model engineering shows with some CNC stuff.  The CNC Workshop
is all CNC, all the time.

If you are near either Cabin Fever or NAMES, I recommend that you go at
least once - some of the projects are amazing, and whatever CNC info you
gather is a bonus.

I also recommend that anyone who is serious about CNC come to the CNC
workshop.  It's a hackers/tinker's paradise, with lots of different
projects to see and people to talk to.  If you have a CNC project that
is portable enough, load it up and bring it along, either to
demonstrate, or to work on.

Regards,

John Kasunich