Stuart Stevenson wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>     I have a new install of Ubuntu 6.06 and EMC2. EMC2 is the -trunk
> from cvs. I may be missing something obvious. I hope so. EMC2 will not
> start when using any machine configured to use the ppmc board set. I
> get a report telling me the .ko module will not load 'operation not
> permitted'.
>     Also in the feedback is the message that the 378 address is not
> configured.
>     I can successfully test the board set using the ppmcdiags program.
>     Even a configuration matching a running machine (Dahlih) will not start.
>     I am not at the machine to copy the errors. If no one has a quick
> (obvious) answer I will post the errors tomorrow morning.
> thanks
> Stuart

If the driver doesn't detect the board, it will refuse to load (well,
actually, it loads, tries to detect a board, and if it can't find one it
unloads).

If the board is missing, not powered up, the cable has issues, the
parport isn't in EPP mode, or the driver isn't using the right port
address, it won't be able to detect the board.

I believe the driver prints messages in the system log (dmesg) as it
tries to detect ppmc board(s) on startup.  I don't recall the exact
wording, but they are labeled "ppmc", so they shouldn't be hard to spot
in the log.

Regards,