Yep, I do get the real time errors.  I have "fixed" most of the obvious
ones.  I have my setup at home and for some strange reason my E-Mails from
home get bounced back immediately from the list server although I am
getting output from the server (different problem).

I will grab one of the error logs and post it (at least the bottom
portion).

Thanks, Jim C

             Kirk Wallace
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             company.com>                                               To
             Sent by:                  "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)"
             emc-users-bounces         <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
             @lists.sourceforg                                          cc
             e.net
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Emc-users] Need some help -
             01/23/2008 12:45          Stepper Mode 2 - HAL
             PM

             Please respond to
             "Enhanced Machine
             Controller (EMC)"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             sourceforge.net>

On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 12:19 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I am new to this, and need some help.
>
> I am trying to setup a three axis mill using stepper motors and a
parallel
> port
> to output the motor phases.
>
> I have used the step wizard and that works but it defaults to mode 0
(step-
> direction).  When I change to mode 2 (Phase A/B), I get HAL errors.  I
have
> tried looking through the documentation, but seem to be missing
something.

> Does anyone have a working example of what the HAL file should look like
> for
> mode 2 steppers?
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> I am converting a wood router tool from a HP 7475 emulation to CNC.  So
far
> the
> EMC2 stuff is really sweet.  I am almost there, but this has me stumped.
>
> Thanks, Jim C

I assume when you start EMC, the banner pops up for a while, then
disappears. Then an error window pops up. Are there any error messages
about twenty or thirty lines down, and at the bottom of the messages? Or
any place else. If you can indicate what those error messages are, I can
try to help, but I don't have any stepper setups myself.

--
Kirk Wallace (California, USA
Hardinge HNC lathe,