John, Kirk,

Thanks so much for the help.

It was the ctrl_type = v,v,v that was the biggest problem.

I am off and running now with phased motor drivers.

Tonight, I can finish the wiring and then off we go.

If anyone is interested in the .HAL and the .INI files, let me know.  I
didn't want to
clutter up the list.

As a note to the folks that are coding the stepconf utility.  It would nice
to have the
option of setting phased mode vs step/dir for the step interface.  When I
get some
time, I might take a crack at adding that myself.

Thanks, Again.  Jim C