if i was in the situation i'd try to ebay the mac and use the money to buy
parts to either rebuild the old PC or build a new one.  I havnt looked
lately, but macs seem to retain value, more than PCs at least.  i guess to
me it would seem easier to fix the old pc than to compile emc to run on a
mac, but im more of a hardware person.