Paul,
        I am about ready to start on the mac port :)
I am trying to decide onwhich way to go.

        1. install xcode and try to get rtai to work on a 10.4 10.5 kernel. I
have done a bit of digging into this and havent had much luck in finding
anyone who has don it. downfall as i dont know anything about howto
program or run in OS X. realy i am a n00b here

        2.  install ubuntu 6.06 as that is the lattest for a PPC class cpu. i
think i still remomber how to manualy do a patch from the rtlinux ad
NIST days. at least i know linux :).

        3. unknown to me at this stage.

either way, it should be this week that i start to give it a go

Jason