> Message: 7
> Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 18:05:51 +0200
> From: "Alex Joni" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] resolver/encoder converter
> To: "Enhanced Machine Controller \(EMC\)"
>         <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
>
> > These introduce a 50 ms delay in
> > the feedback signal. Is this acceptable? I think, probably not.
> >    My question is this. Do I need to install encoders on the motors?
> >    Questions, thoughts, comments welcome.
>
> 50msec is waay too much, but reading the
> http://www.amci.com/pdfs/accessories/RD141S_rev_1.0.pdf
> I can't find it... are you sure it wasn't 50ns ?

The 50 ms came from a conversation with Matt in tech support at AMCI.
I wrote it down as he was saying it. He said the converter was
developed in concert with Rockwell specifically to replace the servo
amp I have with a different servo amp. The converter had too much
delay to work in the application it was being developed for. I will
probably try to return them if they will not work.

> Regards,
> Alex
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 8
> Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 08:22:52 -0800
> From: Dave Engvall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] resolver/encoder converter
> To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)"
>         <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
>
> The Analog Devices 2S2105 resolver to digital chip  with encoder
> emulation shows a max latency of 125 us.
> It is supposed to track at 1000 r/s.  These are about $20 chips and
> not the top of the line.
> HTH

I will definitely check this out.

thanks