On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 08:12:14AM -0400, Kenneth Lerman wrote:
> For additional protection though,
> overriding limits should allow jogging only *away* from the limit that has
> been hit.

This is currently how override limits (for jogging off a limit
switch) works, when the right and left limit signals are separate.

If both ends are tied to one input, of course EMC can't tell which
switch it's on, so it must allow jogging both ways.

Here is some back-and-forth about this.  You can see I have argued
with myself about it over three years.  That's pretty funny.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1491243&group_id=6744&atid=356744

I do think the (not yet released) ability to unhome is an acceptable
fix for these problems.

Chris