Dave Engvall wrote:

> The problem starts
> with the placement of the home
> button next to jog which means it is easy to have the mouse wander
> when one is jogging while watching an
> edge finder. Ask me how I know. ;-)

I guess there are two schools regarding homing.  Those who home to the
part instead of using offsets will never use the touch-off button, and
will home multiple times per session.  Those who home the machine and
then use work offsets will home each joint exactly one time, and then
use the touch-off button.

It's impossible to make both sets of people happy.  Personally I'd like
home and unhome to be side by side in a menu somewhere, since I use the
second approach.  I'd also like to see 'home' grayed out if you are
already homed, and 'unhome' grayed out if you are not homed.

Regards,

John Kasunich