Charles Brauer wrote:
> Hi all- I am trying to compile and build the dipod, so I placed the
> functions mentioned in the 'kematics document' keeping the file looking like
> tripod.c.
> Now what? How do I get emc to compile it? Is there a step-by-step proceedure
> for adding new files and getting emc to comile them? Thanks. c brauer

The procedure depends on the file(s) you are adding - it will be
different for realtime code vs. user space code, etc.

In your case, I looked in src/emc/klnematics, and I didn't see
"tripod.c", although there is a "tripodkins.c".  Was "tripod.c" a typo,
or am I looking in the wrong place?

Assuming you meant tripodkins.c - look in the main makefile in the src/
directory - if you search for "tripod" you will find:

   obj-m += tripodkins.o
   tripodkins-objs := emc/kinematics/tripodkins.o

and farther down in the file:

   ../rtlib/tripodkins$(MODULE_EXT): $(addprefix
objects/rt,$(tripodkins-objs))

You'll need to duplicate both of those using the name of your new file.

Good luck!

John Kasunich