That's what I was expecting just the touch off took longer than the original
parse so I was confused.  Reading what you wrote helps me understand (it
would have taken me weeks to understand the source code for that) and I am
using variables though none that are system set, I set them all in the gcode
file myself and manipulate with basic math.  Still I now understand it has
to resort all that math based on the new position.

Your suggestion of a simple part is my future plan of attack.  For the time
being this was the most complex .ngc I'll be running for some time.  I hope
to get to small production runs but only time and idea generation will tell.

Thanks!

Greg

Jeff Epler wrote:

When you touch off, AXIS regenerates the preview plot.  Showing a new
plot after touching off is not as simple as moving the old preview plot
to a new location, because gcode can do things like switch coordinate
systems during a part program (e.g., issue G55 and switch to a system
not affected by the Touch Off just performed for the G54 coordinate
system) or even perform "O- IF" statements based on the interpreter
variable that holds the G54 coordinate offset.

One trick you might employ is to load a very simple gcode file, touch
off, then load the real part program once you think your offsets are
right.

Jeff