Hi,

I have a tool changer that needs to be homed each day(at least it
did with the origional control),because it has no encoder--it counts
revolutions on the gear motor that is driving the magazine,one rev of
the motor is one tool station advanced.There will be a counter in classic
that would watch this gear motor switch.

There is a prox switch for homing the magazine

This is my plan for the homing:

A push button switch that the operator would hold down (or a timer to keep it
going after momentary closing) for at least one rev of the magazine,prox switch
gets made at some point on this one revolution.

Would the rung that reads the home prox switch go like:

a NO contact(home switch input) on the left side and this will go to
the R (reset?) input on the counter block?
This input needs to reset the counter

I looked through the examples in the download of classicladder on the
sourceforge and there was no examples of the counter being used that I saw

and the switch on the gear motor doing the counting:

NO contact on the left and this hooks to the U(up counting) input on the
counter ?

Is the value of the counter usable in a compare block?

Thanks

Terry