-----Original Message-----

From:  "Peter C. Wallace" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subj:  Re: [Emc-users] Stepper configuration
Date:  Sat 2008 Aug 9 11:53
Size:  1K
To:  "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>

> Not true.  Threads are interruptable, based on priority.  Fast threads
> are higher priority than slow ones, under the assumption that the code
> in a 1mS thread might take 200uS to execute, and a 25uS thread might
> need to interrupt it and run a few uS worth of code several times.

Sounds like the simplest compromise would be to separate the GPIO update call
from the others, so GPIO could be accessed via a different thread, with the
proviso the EPP based cards cannot use multiple threads (though this may be
fixable with some magic save/restore context foo)