Hi Alex,

  That sounds kind of limited :(

  What I really want to do is 5 or 6 axis control with joysticks,
recording all the while.

  I am gathering the parts to make a 6 axis gantry style welder. The
setup would be like a 5 axis router with the sixth axis being like a
spindle to rotate the torch.

  The thought of doing CAM and gcode for that just seems like a total
nightmare. Think zig zag bead as you travel around a tube notch.

  Leaning to weld with joysticks however seems like a video game! Put a
camera on it! Dual monitors.....awesome!

  I realize this is complicated, joystick jogging is not real time. I
was thinking you could use hal streamer and maybe log it and then play
it back? Automate pressing the teach button and add some code that
converts it to gcode?

  I don't know. I do know that I can build the machine and I really
would like to automate some of my welding.

  I am working on my plasma tube notcher right now and the welder is the
next project.

  Thanks,
  Dan