Two comments:

1.  Software to Generate basic G-code from a sequence of positions
should not be a very difficult problem.

2.  It would seem to me that welding a good bead (not spot welding)
would require either very consistent materials or some feedback on
puddle properties.  Puddle properties could be measured from a visual
and/or IR image.  Measuring welding voltage/current might also be useful.
(It has been some years since I considered this problem, so good
technical solutions may since have been found.)

Craig