On Thu, 14 Aug 2008, Eric H. Johnson wrote:

> Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 18:29:08 -0400
> From: Eric H. Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "'Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)'" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Hostmot2 configuration - was Stepper Configuration
>
> Sebastian,
>
> So the PWMs appear on the P2 connector, but the Step generators appear on
> P4? I have the P4 connector going to a 7i37 to handle the high voltage I/O.
> So I guess I have to move that cable to P3 and remap the I/O. It looks like
> the TTL I/O can map to either P2 or P4, but it does mean I need three
> cables. I was hoping to be able to do it in two.
>
> What is the limitation as far as putting the step generators and PWMs on the
> same connector?

The pinout is fixed by the configuration(SVST8_4 has the pinout you see)
Hostmot2 does not allow pin remapping as this uses a lot of FPGA resources

The current firmware source is easy to change however, If you tell me what
pinout you want, I can whip up a new bitfile in a few minutes

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

(\__/)