Stephen Wille Padnos wrote:
There's not much more we can do without knowing what we're chasing.

Seconded - although you've provided some description of the symptoms, it
is really rather vague and raises more questions than it answers.  We're
discussing it on IRC at the moment, and it seems like every other
statement is something like "I think he means....(something)".

For example, in your first message you mentioned something about 20-30
degrees of movement.  I assume that is movement of your leadscrew or
maybe motor shaft?  In any case, 20-30 degrees is a lot of steps - even
for a full-step drive that is something like 20 steps, for a
microstepped drive it could be 100 or more.  But the "4th 5th 6th"
decimal place jittering you are describing sounds like only one or two
steps at the most.  So which is it?  Jittering typically means moving
back and forth with no net movement, but again, 20-30 degrees is a lot
of movement.

Is there any way you can get in IRC from the EMC computer so we can ask
questions in more detail and get immediate answers (that would also let
you run tests and immediately report the results).

Regards,

John Kasunich